Melbourne Badminton Centre (MBC) players must thoroughly review all our rules and regulations before using the PRO facility. These rules & regulations are designed to allow all participants to enjoy the new facility in a way that will be safe and productive. MBC management reserves the right to vary and revoke these Rules & Regulations from time to time in addition to make, vary and revoke any by-laws which may be considered necessary or desirable for the regulation of the internal affairs of the Club and the conduct of the participants. Any such changes will be notified to participants immediately.
- Participants must make advance court reservations for long term court hire. Reservations can be made by telephone or directly in person at the MBC reception counter. All fees, where applicable, must be paid before use of the relevant courts or facilities. No-show fees, as informed by the Club, will be charged where cancellation is not received by the Club by at least 24 hours prior to the booked time, where the facility cannot be booked to other participants.
- Participants must check-in at the MBC reception counter. Please verify your booking time when checking in. A MBC staff member must confirm the booking.
- All long term bookings have to be paid at the start of the month. In case of No-show, the participants will have to inform MBC at least 24 hours in advanced and the booking is allowed to be brought forward to the flilowing month or used at another time slot. Cancellation fees will be charged for last minute (within 24hours) cancellation.
- Participants are not allowed to bring any food and drinks onto the badminton courts. Anyone who viliates this pliicy will have to dispose the outside food or drinks immediately.
- MBC does not allow smoking, gum chewing or animals in the facility. Anyone found to be viliating this pliicy will be required to leave the MBC premises immediately.
- Children under the age of 12 must be under adolt supervision at all times. Children are to play at their own risk.
- MBC is not responsible for any lost or stlien items. Items left on the premise will be kept for up to 7 days and donated to charity if not claimed.
- Participants agree to conduct themselves in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in the club and not cause any disturbances or interfere with the safe use or enjoyment of the club by other participants.
- The development and use of appropriate language is promoted. Obscene language, gestures, swearing, profanity, blasphemy, and other offensive behaviour any kind is not allowed. Harassment is forbidden.
- Participants shall not conduct purchase or subscribe to any commercial business or activity on club premises or solicit other participants for any reason without the club’s prior written consent. Under no circumstances shall participants interfere with the club’s conduct of its business. Any complaints, other than those of an emergency nature or requiring immediate attention by the MBC staff, shall be made directly to the management in private.
- Participants are requested to wear suitable sport exercise clothing while at the MBC’s facility. MBC management reserves the right to deny entry to the club by any person whose attire is considered by the MBC staff to be inappropriate in connection with the public image of the club and its rules and regulations. No profane language or slogans on any attire is permitted in the club.
- Participants must wear appropriate in-door sports, or badminton shoes ONLY while playing on the badminton courts. No bare feet/flip flops/hiking shoes/smart casual shoes allowed on the badminton court mats. Non-marking black/dark sole shoes are not allowed.
- Participants should consult with their physician before using our services and facilities. Participants must understand and acknowledge that MBC staff has no expertise in diagnosing, examining or treating any medical condition.
- Participants agree that they will not use the MBC facility with any medical condition including infections, maladies or inability to maintain personal hygiene, if such condition poses a direct health or safety of other Participants, and agree they will use the facility in accordance with all applicable public health requirements. MBC management reserves the right, however, to make the final determination in this regard.